Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I miss Debating

salam. terkejut ehh dengan title of this post?

i happened to go to my home dkt facebook when suddenly i saw picture of fattah, kamalia and iman debating in musleh. and my next reaction was unexpected, even for me.

I smiled.

and then i thought, woahhh. how i missed debating. and by debating it doesnt mean u go to debate competitions or wat debate means in the dictionary. its My own definition of debating. and yes, i missed it. (i have to swallow hard to say these words).

i remember, exactly the perfect scenes in my head. how my debate team and i entered debate in musleh 2009. it was a mere of a coincidence. my debate team leader, fakhry at that time called musleh people to register for his moms school, sri ayesha. and aftr some talk the ustaz whom he phoned accidentally thought tat he was registering smka maahad hamidiah because when the ustaz asked him "where r u from?" n he answered "smka maahad hamidiah".

well, in Islam, theres no such thing as a coincidence...

when fakhry told the team, and asked for our opinion about going to musleh, especially when its very near to his spm, we were..excited to be honest. not only it was held in a hotel (biasalah kami ni budak kampung, sebut hotel je terus excited), and it was held under ICEE, which i cldnt remember wat it stands for. but as we were informed there were no non-muslims.

i secretly told myself, while telling to Fakhry: "this is our second chance...a chance to give our best from what we went thru in uia"

Alhamdulillah, it was really our second chance.

I remembered, we decided that Fakhry, Laila, Kimi, and I wld b going there, under our school SMKA MAAHAD HAMIDIAH. we went there, thursday evening. by fakhry's parents car. that was the very first time tat i met with Nadia. she sat beside me, while i played the games in my handphone. we stopped in front of a hotel called hotel vistana, which fakhry mispronounced it was VISANTA (macam nama indian girl), and we were told that the sri ayeshans wld b arriving soon. we wld b sharing rooms with them, and one room will b provided for 7 people. me n laila was like: takpelah asalkan tidur.

i smiled again.

meeting with the sri ayeshans, i mean really meeting them for the first time, made my head spin. they were very random, crazy, out of place, and all liked to talk. being the eldest i have to take care of the girls and make sure they sleep. i was even told to make sure they do their hafal quran everyday, which they didnt do pun because there was no time. but there, i met with great people. kamalia, fareeha, iman, nabihah... not to mention i get to noe laila even better. when we were stressed out because of debate, we wld listen to taylor swift songs.macam budak2.

even though sri ayesha won the competition during that year, but we gained more than that. we gained our second chance in everything. we gained our second chance in forming a stronger team. we gained our second chance in getting to noe our weaknesses. we gained our second chance in..entering a better debate competition.

if i wld want to write every scenes of musleh memories in this post im sure it too long to b read.

i smiled again, to my thoughts. and continued typing.

what have i missed the most about debating?

i missed being a third speaker, sitting beside a very talented and gifted second speaker of smka maahad hamidiah. i missed the adrenaline rush when the motions were given out and we all had to write them down. i missed running around finding the rooms with my debate teams. i missed having some fight along the quarantine time. i missed the glares my opponents wld give me as soon as the debate session starts. i missed reading the DOA, praying to Allah everytime we wld start a debate. i missed saying "mr.speaker" for so many times in my speech. i missed the times when me and laila would Sujud syukur to Allah after debate, whether we win or lose. i missed the times when i wld have to search for facts in ALMANAC. I missed....my Debate Family.

ohh Allah, please let me keep these memories..forever.
sekian.

No comments:

Post a Comment